LET’S TALK ABOUT THE PINOT NOIR GRAPE!
Pinot Noir is a red grape. It is grown around the world, but is mainly associated with the Burgundy region of France. Other favorable growing areas are: Oregon; Caneros, Central Coast and Russian River Valley in California; South Africa and New Zealand.
Wine made from Pinot Noir is light in color, medium bodied and low in tannin. Young Pinot Noir wines tend to have aromas and flavors of cherry, raspberry and strawberry.
Pinot Noir wines pair well with a variety of foods including roast chicken, pasta dishes, fatty fish (like salmon and tuna), duck, and savory stews like Beef Burgundy.
Some of my favorite Pinot Noirs are:
- Twomey, Russian River Valley, CA $54.99
- Domaine Serene, Willamette Valley, OR $51.99
- Siduri, Russian River Valley, CA $34.99
- Talbot Logan, Sleepy Hollow Vineyard, CA $28.99
- Landmark, Sonoma/Monterey/San Benito, CA $27.99
- Mossback, Russian River Valley, CA $18.99
- A to Z, OR $18.99
- Sea Pearl, New Zealand $14.99
- Line 39, CA $ 9.99
And many, many more!