Let’s Talk About CHARDONNAY!
Chardonnays are dry white wines grown in every wine producing country. These wines have fruity aromas and flavors that range from apple, tropical fruits, pineapple as well as earthy tones of mushrooms or minerals. Some inexpensive Chardonnays may be somewhat sweet due to blending.
Some Chardonnays are “oaked” which is when the juice is placed in oak barrels either during or after fermentation. In inexpensive chardonnays the oak comes from oak chips placed in the juice. The oak gives off toasty, smokey, spicy, vanillas or butterscotch aromas and flavors.
Chardonnay is the primary grape in White Burgundys of France and is part of the blend of Champagnes of France.
Seafood, mac & cheese, grilled chicken and cheddar cheese are some foods that pair well with Chardonnay.
- Pour Vous has an extensive selection of over 125 different Chardonnays at every price point. A few I recommend are:
- Shafer Napa $ 59.99
- Rombauer Caneros 36.99
- Domaine des Gerbeaux (Pouilly-Fuisse) France 28.99
- Gundlach Bundshu Sonoma 24.99
- Lincourt Sta. Rita Hills 19.99
- Michael David Lodi 14.99
- Bianchi Santa Barbara 14.99
- Todd Hollow Mendocino 12.99
- Charles & Charles Washington 11.99