Let’s Talk About Sauvignon Blanc!
Sauvignon Blancs are a white wine high in acidity with pronounced aromas and flavors. Sauv Blancs have herbaceous/grassy notes with mineral aromas and flavors. Also, they may have fruity characteristics of melons, figs or passion fruit. These wines are light to medium in body and most are un-oaked. They pair well with almost any seafood dish and with mozzarella and gruyere cheese.
These wines are light to medium in body. Most are un-oaked. They are also known as: Fume Blancs, Sancerres, Pouilly Fume’s and White Bordeaux’s. Sauvignon Blancs are grown in California, Argentina, Australia, Chile, France, New York, New Zealand, South Africa, Italy and Washington State.
- Pour Vous has many great Sauvignon Blancs at every price point. A few I recommend are:
- Dry Creek Vineyard Sonoma $ 17.99
- Mason Napa 16.99
- Sequals Italy 16.99
- Chateau Pezat France 16.99
- WhiteHaven New Zealand 15.99
- Ferrari Carano Sonoma 14.99
- Justin Central Coast 13.99
- Benziger North Coast 12.99
- Bianchi Monterey 12.99
- Chateau Freybernat France 9.99